Call Now: 410-366-1096

Talk To An Experienced Baltimore, MD Immigration Lawyer

A United States Permanent Resident Card , also known as a green card , is an identification card attesting to the permanent resident status of a foreign national in the United States of America. Green card also refers to an immigration process of becoming a permanent resident. The green card serves as proof that its holder, a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR), has been officially granted immigration benefits, which include permission to reside and take employment in the USA. The holder must maintain permanent resident status, and can be removed from the US if certain conditions of this status are not met.

An alien with a green card application can obtain two important permits while the case is pending. The first is a temporary work permit known as the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or work permit , which allows the alien to take employment in the United States. The second is a temporary travel document , advance parole, which allows the alien to re-enter the United States. Both permits confer benefits that are independent of any existing status granted to the alien.

What documents do I need to bring to get started?


Click here to print Checklist

□ Your birth certificate;

□ Your wife’s/husband’s  birth certificate;

□ Your marriage certificate;

□ Divorce documents for any past marriages;

□ Your wife’s/husband’s passport with visa and I-94 card or stamp;

□ Your wife’s/husband’s most recent tax returns with W-2’s;

□ A letter from your wife’s/husband’s employer stating rate of pay, job title, and date employment began;

□ 2 Passport Pictures for you and 2 for your wife/husband; and

□ Medical Examination (See page 2 for instructions)


$2,000 Attorney Fees plus $1,510 filing fees. (Medical Exam Not Included)