Skip to main content area.

EB-2 Visas

Get Started Now

Contact Us Today!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

If you're looking to move to the U.S., you'll need to get a visa with the help of a law office such as The Law Office of Raymond O. Griffith. One option is the EB-2 visa, which allows highly skilled workers and people with advanced degrees or exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business to live and work in the US. In this blog post, we'll tell you everything you need to know about EB-2 visas.

Get Started Now

What are EB-2 Visas?

EB-2 Visas are immigrant visas that fall into the category of employment-based permanent residency. This was created by the Immigration Act of 1990. There are three different categories of EB-2 Visas: EB-2A Visa for advanced degrees, EB-2B Visa for exceptional ability, and EB-2C Visa for national interest waivers.

Who Qualifies for EB-2 Visas?

Those who qualify for an EB-2 Visa would be anyone holding an advanced degree or who offers exceptional ability in either arts, sciences, or business. Those who’d benefit from the national economy, education, or welfare of the U.S. and whose services are sought by an employer here. Applicants should ideally have the following:

  • Approved labor certification
  • A job offer or salary
  • Employer-filed Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140)
  • Degree, diploma, or certificate
  • Membership in professional associations
  • Recognition for achievements or contributions in your industry/field


What is the Cost of an EB-2 Visa?

According to the Department of State application process, the fee for an EB-2 Visa is around $405 and the USCIS Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) is around $700. Depending on your circumstances, the cost can vary. At The Law Office of Raymond O. Griffith, we can help prepare you for the following fees:

  • Form DS-260 - $325
  • Form I-485 - Adjusted by status
  • USCIS Immigration - $220
  • Affidavit of Support - $120


What’s the Application Process for EB-2 Visas?

Once your employer fills out Labor Certification and Form I-140, you wait for your priority date. Then, you will be called to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an interview. Our team at The Law Office of Raymond O. Griffith will also help your employer fill out the PERM Form. 

Whether you’ve just started the immigration process or are looking for more in-depth help and direction on obtaining an EB-2 Visa, we can help. At The Law Office of Raymond O. Griffith, we are passionate about providing immigration services. Contact us today to learn more! 

Contact The Legal Office of Raymond O. Griffith Today

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.